PACE - Marquette University
PACE is an expansion of the Youth Cultural Connection Project (YCCP). YCCP has been in existence since March of 2009 and has been widely accepted in schools throughout Milwaukee and Cape Town. Due to this success the project is now expanding to include high school students.
This component will continue to emphasize the connection between the United States and South Africa in order to create a broader worldview and thus mental flexibility in the minds of the youth. Some of the new activities we will be doing with the high school group will include:
- Restorative Justice: The project will have a focus on nonviolent conflict resolution through restorative justice circle process. The youth in Cape Town will communicate with youth in Milwaukee, also particpiating in Peace Circles, via YouTube videos and video journals.
- Community Organizing: The youth will also be taught Community Organizing Principals to effectively join in relationships with each other and contribute to social change.
- Creative Expression: The youth will continue to reflect through personal expression. This will be in accordance to their talents using photographic expression, written stories, art, music, and video, depicting community, family, school, social lives etc.
Please take the time to watch the YouTube video! These photos were all taken by previous YCCP youth with disposable cameras bought with previous TrueHero funding! Part of further funding will go to buying these same youth more disposable cameras.
Project Dates: Monday, Mar 15, 2010 to Sunday, Dec 19, 2010
- Location of Project:
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin and Cape Town, South Africa
- Number of Adults:
- Number of Students:
- People Impacted:
- Marquette University Center for Peacemaking
735 N. 17th St.
Academic Support Facility, Room 201 P.O. Box 1881
Milwaukee, WI 53201
- School/Org. Contact:
- Father Simon Harak
- Organization Type:
- College, Graduate School or University
- Number of Visits:
- YouTube® Views*:
- Sent To a Friend:
- 12 times